Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sundance

Of course we have all heard of the infamous Sundance Film Festival, but until we moved to Utah, I had know idea the festival took place in Park City. I quickly learned this fact, however, when I learned our Sign Shop makes most all of the signage for the festival!


The town is completely transformed. Main Street goes from being clothing shops, jewelry stores, and galleries to being storefronts for Acura, Chase, HP, Bentley, etc. There are like 15 different theaters where the thousands of Sundance files actually play for about two weeks. The traffic is insane. I don't even wanna talk about that. But overall, it's a pretty cool, pretty crazy and hectic scene. Tons and tons of celebrities show up. They go to all the premiers and the VIP parties and some people spot them... but no, we did not. We didn't see anyone lol. Although we had cameras ready!

Anyways, on the first Saturday night of the premieres, Brad and I went walking around Main Street to check out the scenes. We went snowboarding during the day, and then stopped by the St. Regis to relax for a while before nightfall :)


The beautiful St Regis hotel
 Yep, that's a Bentley inside as an ad.

So pretty

We could get used to this lifestyle :)

So after our relax time, we stopped by my work to leave the car before heading to Sundance. We ran into my boss, who was going to a party and invited us along!! 

My boss, Susan.
 Location of the party

Naturally, my husband gravitated towards the food tables :)
 They had models... walking around posing... in their $1400 ski jackets....
Such a party!
 After we left the party with FREE PISTATIO GELATO... we headed up to Main St and just walked around the crazy crowded streets!











Sidenote! Almost the best part of Sundance is our companys connection to the sister Festival- SLAMDANCE. Slamdance is another festival going on, ON Main St also at the same time. But since we make their signage as well, we have a trade set up with them. Brad and I got some Slamdance T Shirts and hats and we got to go to some free movies with my coworkers! We left work early and went to see fun movies together!

Riding to Main St with my main girl Dana :)

:)

Some coworkers: Janice, Dana, Brook and myself
(Note the Slamdance Hat) hehe

1 comment: